Cold and flu season is here! We are all super busy, and besides not wanting to feel like crap, most of us just don’t have the TIME to get sick. Follow these tips to ward off this season’s attack of cold and flu yuckiness. Then, save the infographic below for quick reference on how to avoid the flu all season long.
- Exercise!!! Daily exercise boosts blood flow so that the immune cells circulate throughout the body. Building up your immune system is a great way to prevent colds before they happen. Read more in this article from ABCNEWS, on how exercise can help prevent sickness. Check out my Fall Booty Blaster Workout for a great way to get your heart pumping right at home.
- Be careful of Cooties. There are many ways to catch cooties: On the train, in the workplace, during Netflix and Chill…. ( ._.) Just saying. The #1 place to get the flu is from other people. So proceed with caution.
- Bundle up, especially after a workout! Technically, it’s germs and viruses that really make you sick, but PBS.org reported last January that a recent Yale University showed “lower temperatures weaken the nose’s first line of immune defenses.” So, pile on the warm-weather gear!
- Drink lots of water. This will help your life and your immune system overall. Just do it. *bonus tip: Tea is your friend. This antioxidant-filled drink will get you ready to battle winter sickness all season long.
- Take your vitamins. A multivitamin is great, but be sure it has plenty of vitamin C for an extra immune system boost. My favorites are Smarty Pants Multivitamins, because they already have omega-3’s added in, and you get to eat six (!) of them each day. Of course, a healthy diet will help deliver all the nutrients your body needs to fight of colds and viruses as well.
- WASH YOUR FILTHY HANDS! This doesn’t only mean after using the bathroom. Tons of germs live at work, at the gym, public transportation. Since so many other people are sick, it’s super easy to catch things. Wash your hands as much as possible and carry hand sanitizer. The CDC recommends that you clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces as well at home, work or school.
- Get a Flu shot! Just do it. You won’t die (probably).
- Finally, if none of these precautions is able to keep you from getting sick, for the love of all that is holy, STAY HOME! We don’t want your germs either.
What are some of your favorite tips and home remedies for avoiding sickness during flu season? Be sure to share in the comments below!
**This is not a sponsored post. Any products mentioned here are ones that I’ve found on my own and love!